Available to any member of the Kosciusko Rural Electric Membership Corporation (KREMC) with a connected load requiring installed transformer capacity in excess of 75 kVA and having a separate service through a separate meter.
CHARACTER OF SERVICE
Alternating current, 60 hertz, at 120/240 volts, or such other voltage as might be mutually agreed upon, with primary metering and KREMC facilities on the consumer side of meter.
Service Charge (sum of A + B)
A. Consumer specific – determined by facilities provided
(See Consumer Specific Charge Calculation)
B. All Consumers – $102.00 per month
Demand Charge (monthly)
$10.25 per kW of maximum demand
$0.07034 per kWh
DETERMINATION OF CONSUMER SPECIFIC FACILITY CHARGE
The consumer specific facility charge is based upon the monthly amortized cost of the outstanding balance (of original investment), plus an ongoing charge for operations and maintenance, taxes, and administration. It is applied to all facilities that are sole-use facilities for the industrial-type customer.
DETERMINATION OF MAXIMUM DEMAND
The Maximum Demand shall be the maximum average kilowatt demand used by the consumer for any period of fifteen (15) consecutive minutes (or more) during the month for which the bill is rendered as indicated or recorded by a maximum demand meter installed by KREMC.
If at anytime the average power factor is measured at less than 90% (lagging), metered billing demand (kW) will be multiplied by the ratio of 90%, the resultant then divided by the power factor as a percent to derive billing demand.
LATE PAYMENT CHARGE
Bills for service rendered under this Schedule are net and shall be due and payable monthly. If not paid within seventeen (17) days of the due date, the gross bill, which shall include a late payment charge of 3.125% of net billing, shall be the amount to be paid. When the seventeenth day falls on Saturday, Sunday or a legal holiday, the next business day shall be the final day for net payment.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SERVICE
1. Service shall be provided in accordance with the provisions set forth in the Kosciusko REMC policies and bylaws and rate schedule Appendices A and B.
2. In general, motors having a rated capacity in excess of ten horsepower (10 H.P.) must be multi-phase.
3. In those cases where the member is not located adjacent to multi-phase lines of KREMC, service will be rendered only after the member will give satisfactory assurance by means of a written agreement as to the character, amount, and duration of the business offered.
4. Contract term shall not be less than three years.
5. Kosciusko REMC reserves the right to assign individual members to the rate that is deemed most appropriate and fair to the membership as a whole.
6. Kosciusko REMC reserves the right to adjust the Service Charge if standard monthly meter reading and bill presentment is not being practiced (i.e., bi-weekly billing and meter reading, etc.).
Board Approved: December 21, 2006
Effective Date: October 1, 2016
Revised Date: June 27, 2016