Distributed Generation Rider
Available for Net Billing Service to members receiving or qualifying for service under Schedule RF or Schedule C with qualifying renewable energy source generation facilities designed to operate in parallel with the Kosciusko Rural Electric Membership Corporation (KREMC) system.
The total rated generating capacity of all net billing members served under this rate schedule shall be limited to five tenths of one percent (0.5%) of KREMC’s previous year’s peak demand in kW. Service under this rate schedule shall be available to members on a first come, first served basis.
CHARACTER OF SERVICE
Alternating current, single-phase/multi-phase, 60 hertz, at 120/240 volts, or such other voltage as might be mutually agreed upon.
Net energy metering shall be accomplished using a standard kilowatt-hour meter or meters capable of measuring and recording the total flow of electricity delivered to the member and total flow of electricity received from the member.
Energy Delivered to Member:
KREMC shall bill the member for kWh energy delivered at the Monthly Rate applicable to member for standard electric service including all service, energy and power cost adjustment charges (Appendix A).
Energy Received from Member:
KREMC shall credit the member’s bill for kWh energy received at the Power Supply Rate (below) plus the same power cost adjustment charge (Appendix A) applicable to energy delivered during the month.
Power Supply Rate
$0.074 per kWh – All kWh received from the Member
If the member’s total bill, net of the power supply credit, is negative during the billing period, the negative amount shall accumulate as an excess generation credit to offset bills in subsequent billing periods. Such excess generation credits, if any, will carry over from month to month, limited to a twelve billing month cycle. At the end of each twelve billing month cycle, if the net billing for said month is negative, KREMC will issue a refund to the member. If the member’s net billing is positive at the end of a monthly billing cycle net of all remaining generation credits, a normal bill will be issued.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SERVICE
1) For purposes of this rate schedule, a qualifying distributed generation facility is an electrical generating facility that complies with all of the following requirements:
a) is fueled by solar, wind, geothermal, biomass, including waste-to-energy and landfill gas, or hydroelectric;
b) has a total rated capacity of 10 kW or less;
c) is located on the member’s premises;
d) is intended primarily to offset all or part of the member’s own electrical load requirements; and
e) is designed and installed to operate in parallel with KREMC’s system without adversely affecting the operation of equipment and service of KREMC and its members and without presenting safety hazards to KREMC and member personnel.
2) A member seeking to interconnect an eligible distributed generation facility to KREMC’s system must submit to KREMC’s designated personnel a completed Interconnection Application. KREMC will provide copies of all applicable forms upon request.
3) Member’s generation equipment and installation(s) must comply with all applicable terms and conditions specified in the Interconnection Requirements document.
4) An Interconnection Agreement between KREMC and the eligible net billing member must be executed before the net billing facility may be interconnected with KREMC’s system.
5) A member seeking service under this schedule shall reimburse KREMC for the installed cost of all metering and other equipment necessary to administer this rate schedule. KREMC shall retain ownership of, maintain and operate all such equipment.
6) This rate schedule is subject to KREMC’s Terms and Conditions of Service and all Standard Rules, Regulations and By-laws and all provisions of the standard service tariff under which the member takes service.
7) KREMC’s net billing program shall be open for member enrollments for a period of at least five years from the original effective date of this rate schedule. Members enrolled in this program shall be eligible to continue their participation in the program for a period of at least ten years.
8) The terms of payment shall be in accordance with the provisions set forth in KREMC’s Service Policies and Bylaws.
Board Approved: August 24, 2009
Effective Date: February 3, 2011
Revised Date: February 3, 2011