Whether it’s time to purchase a new electric water heater, or you’re looking to install a new geothermal system, don’t miss out on rebate savings offered to the members of Kosciusko REMC. Carol Ousley, the KREMC energy advisor, is available to help with any questions you might have. (574) 267-6331.
Electric Water Heater Rebates
- Electric to electric replacement $ 50.00
- Gas to electric replacement $100.00
- New construction water heater $100.00
- Second water heater $ 25.00
- New Geothermal system $250.00
Heat Pump Rebate
- New air source heat pump system $150.00
- Any residential member (farm and home rate) of Kosciusko REMC
- Member must agree to future installation of a Load Management Switch, if warranted.
- Download a program agreement form.
- Review a list of local vendors and recommended units (water heater only).
- Purchase a new unit at the vendor of your choice.Member must present a copy of the receipt for purchase date verification.
- Have the new unit installed (responsibility of the member). After installation, call the co-op at (574) 267-6331 to schedule an inspection (must be completed within six months).
- After the inspection is completed and proof of purchase and eligibility has been verified, a bill credit will be issued on the member’s next monthly statement.
- New electric water heaters must be 50-gallon or larger.
- One water heater rebate per household unless at least one of the following situations are present:
- Six or more people reside in the home
- The home contains more than 3,000 square feet of finished living space.
- KREMC is not responsible for any parts or service on rebate-only purchased units.
- Rebate units MUST be installed on KREMC lines only.
- No more than two rebates for the same type of unit will be paid to any one account (household).
- Sales receipt for unit(s) may not be more than six months old at time of KREMC inspection.
In partnership with Wabash Valley Power Association (who generates and transmits our power), KREMC is proud to offer another line of rebates, incentives, and ways to save on your electric cost through the POWERMOVES® program. POWERMOVES® offers you all sorts of tips that make your home or business more energy efficient, as well as programs and incentives that make it easier and less expensive to replace inefficient old appliances, switch to more efficient lighting, and find other ways to save on your electric bills every month.
- Air source heat pump – replacing resistance heat – $1,000*
- Air source heat pump – replacing propane or fuel oil – $1,000*
- Air source heat pump – replacing all electric air source – $250*
- Geothermal heat pump – replace resistance heat – $1,500*
- Geothermal – replacing propane or natural gas – $1,500*
- Geothermal – new home construction – $1,500*
Recycle old freezer/refrigerator
- POWERMOVES® will pick up your old fridge or freezer for FREE—and give you $35. Then recycle more than 95 percent of the materials from your old appliance and dispose of any hazardous materials according to EPA guidelines.*
Water Heater Rebate
- Heat pump water heater – replacing electric water heater – $400*
- LED bulb replacing incandescent bulb – $7.50/bulb*
- CFL bulb replacing incandescent bulb – $1.50/bulb*
*LED and CFL bulbs must be listed on the official Energy Star list at www.energystar.gov.View Rebate Details
*Restrictions apply, please visit powermoves.com for program applications, full details, and most accurate rebate amounts.